snowy field image

snowy field image

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

CF4L

So I saw this on Pinterest today:


It's times like these that I really miss regretsy.com, except I need a pinterest version.  I love Pinterest as much as the next gal who also loves gluing shit to other shit, but good lord there is truly some ignorant crap on there.  This is a pretty bad one, although there are a ton of these pins about the magical properties of random oils.  I just... I have so many questions.  Who is Dolf?  Why does he think that tree sap can cure an infection?  Why does the toothbrush have to be dry?  Why do I get the feeling that a lot of these people think the 'essential' in essential oil means "Damn this oil is essential!"?  And most importantly, where is April Winchell when you need her?  At this point if you're using frankincense for anything other than a clinical trial or as a gift for a baby (beeteedubs, you're going to want to take a different route home, Herod is totes gunning for you), you're much better off just going to the damn dentist.

And just one more: if I download a stock photo of a bottle with some... probably rocks or sage or flowers or something and photoshop a label on it, will people try to buy it and use it for medicine?

*This product is guaranteed to cure every disease known to man and also to not have been evaluated by the FDA or any other regulatory association.

Ok I lied, I can't afford photoshop, so I microsoft worded it.  But as long as I'm literally peddling snake oil to people, I might as well throw in some quotes on a sign made of palette wood, which, ironically can be dangerous to reuse if it's been treated with chemicals.

Or this family favorite:


And it's Pinterest after all, so we need some quotes set in front of 'nature', which is where we don't actually go but say we're going to go one time.


The 4L means for life.  Just because the site went down doesn't mean you're out of the club.  Keep CF alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment